FULL CONFIRMATION & PAYMENT:
A 50% deposit of the total value of the booking confirms your booking. The full balance is payable 30 days prior to arrival.
No refund will be given for guests who join a tour and leave before its completion.
The cancellation policy is binding between Mara West and the party responsible –
determined by the party in communication with Mara West - for the reservation, whether
agent or client. While we reserve the right to waive the cancellation policy in certain
circumstances it is the responsibility of the client to purchase travel insurance – see
insurance section below – and for the agent to advise the client of this.
The cancellation policy applies to all voluntary changes and errors in booking by
the agent and/or client. The cancellation policy also applies to events beyond our
control, including war, terrorism, civil disobedience, government action, natural
disasters, weather, technical problems, operational issues with other parties, and
closures of other parties.
The cancellation policy will NOT be binding in the case of any changes and/or
errors by Mara West.
In the case of a government travel ban by the client’s government the cancellation
will be waived IF the government travel ban completely prohibits the client’s
travel to Mara West. Government warnings or regional bans to areas other the
Mara West area will not be grounds for waiving the cancellation policy. The
client must accept all reasonable attempts by both the agent and Mara West to
safely (as seen by Mara West management) reroute the client in order to bypass
areas within the government warning or ban. The client’s refusal to accept
changes to an itinerary in response to government travel advisories will be seen
as voluntary changes and the cancellation policy will be applied.
Any change to a booking must be in writing and must be confirmed in order to be valid. Any
reduction in client number will be seen as a cancellation on the part of those clients and the
cancellation policy will be applied to them. Any changes to a booking are subject to
availability. Mara West cannot be held responsible for not being able to accommodate a requested
change and in such situations, the agent/client will either have to keep the original booking, accept a
change that Mara West can accommodate, or cancel the original booking and be subject to the
1. Please note that travellers can conveniently procure visas to East Africa online, well in advance, as follows: http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html (Kenya). It is also available on arrival.
2. Travellers from a yellow fever endemic zone are required to have a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate when entering Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania. If traversing a combination of these countries, the YELLOW FEVER Certificate is MANDATORY. Single country visit from non-endemic zones are FREE of this requirement.
3. Since August 2017, Kenya BANNED the use of plastic bags for a cleaner environment.
4. For any cash payments, please note that banks in Kenya do not accept old US Dollar bills. USD Dollar bills have to be dated the year 2000 and onwards.
5. Please restrict baggage per person to 15 kilos if you are taking a domestic flight and 20 kilos if you are doing a road safari. Soft bags are preferable.